[Whonix-users] Request for help

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Wed Oct 30 10:16:11 CET 2013

Pratik Najare:
> gpg --keyid-format long --verify Whonix-Gateway.ova.asc Whonix-Gateway.ova
> as the output of the command is :- gpg: can't open
> `Whonix-Gateway.ova.asc': No such file or directory
> gpg: verify signatures failed: No such file or directory.

You need to download the signature first from here:
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Download#Download_Whonix

And put it into the same folder as the corresponding .ova.

And also `cd` into the folder where you stored those files beforehand of
course.

> I am unable to understand what the problem is as i did everything as
> it was instructed. What i noted is that there is no file named
> Whonix-Gateway.ova.asc in Whonix-Gateway-7.tar.

.tar? Where have you downloaded this? We don't offer .tar files for
download.