[Whonix-devel] Anti-stylometry

procmem procmem at riseup.net
Thu Mar 28 18:33:22 CET 2019

Hi Dr. Juola. Thanks for bringing up interesting points on Github about
anti-stylometry. Given how difficult it would be to have such a thing
automated, would it be possible to use JGAAP defensively, as it is now,
to measure how related a user's anonymous writing is compared to their
actual :real: style?

What properties (for example: length) of a writing sample should a user
use as a reference point to compare against?

My misconception about the ease of automation came about when I saw this
project (I had also contacted them for collaboration, but haven't heard
back):

https://github.com/rakshithShetty/A4NT-author-masking

https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity18/presentation/shetty

How useful is this approach against the ton of stylometry techniques you
mentioned?

What advice or books on manual anti-stylometry skills do you recommend
for a layperson who is not a writing professional? Can i add your advice
to our public wiki?

Thanks for your time.

cc/ Our mailing list to benefit our readers.