[Whonix-devel] transparent i2p integration

Doesnt Work doesnt.work at gmx.at
Fri Jul 13 22:23:00 CEST 2018

Goldstein:
> Why did you choose Debian over Whonix ?
Easier prototyping environment. No config I'm not aware of and nothing
to break by e.g. using tinyproxy. ;)
Patrick Schleizer:
> Doesnt Work:
>> And why does tinyproxy
>> have to got through the transparent proxy?
>
> Doesn't support socks.
Thanks, but I wonder why tinyproxy is forced to do do anything. What is
it used for? What's the reason for these iptables-rules? Do I break smth
or leak information by using tinyproxy to talk to I2P?

>> Since once this works, porting to >whonix would be nice
>
> That would be great
Looking into it, but I need documentation on whonix' iptables-rules. I
get I2P to find nodes, tinyproxy works once the DNAT-rules are removed,
but issues regarding dnsmasq talking to tor's DNS server and for some
reason I2P can't find any eepsite.

regards
  GammaSQ