[Whonix-devel] Poisoned Fruit

Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS newblogpost at whonix.org
Wed Mar 11 04:13:42 CET 2015

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/03/10/ispy-cia-campaign-steal-apples-secrets/

This ladies and gentlemen is why the world without GCC would be a very dark place. Revelations like these vindicate Richard Stallman and his philosophy.

To no amazement, the tree of secret proprietary development can only bear the fruits of sabotage. By backdooring the compiler, as they do with Apple's Xcode, the Intelligence Community is poisoning entire software ecosystems. For them its OK as long as they can get at a few bad apples. See what I did there? :P

Screw you Apple for viciously attacking Free Software, you reap what you sow.

My favorite part:
“I want to be absolutely clear that we have never worked with any government agency from any country to create a backdoor in any of our products or services. We have also never allowed access to our servers. And we never will,” Cook said last September in announcing Apple’s new privacy policy.

LOL ever heard of PRISM Mr. Cook? What do you mean you "never" allowed access to your servers? Last time I checked all surveillance programs foreign and domestic are still in place and being beefed up as we speak. Before you make privacy Apple's next marketing gimmick you'd do well to keep up with the headlines.

This post has been automatically cross-posted by whonix.org/blog To see the original (including links), go to https://www.whonix.org/blog/poisoned-fruit