[Whonix-devel] Pyano Dependencies

Remailer Admin remailer-admin at remailer.paranoici.org
Thu Jul 2 13:43:59 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 11:52:50PM +0000, bancfc wrote:

> Hi I'm a member of the Whonix project [whonix.org], a Tor centric distro
> like TAILS except we use a multi-vm design to force all traffic into an
> anonymizing middlebox vm.

Hi,

 I know the project, very interesting.

> I came across Pyano [pyanon.sourceforge.net] while looking at Mixmaster
> GUIs for improving accessibility. I like its simplicity and ease of use,
> however the Apache dependency is overkill. Is it possible to move to
> something smaller like libmicrohttpd instead?

Pyano is the best mixmaster web based GUI that I've tried, there are a couple
of older interface but they're not so good.

I'm not the author of pyano, and I haven't ever used libmicrohttpd,
but after a quick search it doesn't seems to me that libmicrohttpd
supports python, so I don't think it's possible to use it to run pyano.

A lighter alternative to apache is lighttpd, that supports python as far
as I remember, but it's anyway a webserver and the pyano page does not report
instructions on how to run pyano with it.....