[Whonix-devel] Acquire::socks::proxy does not exist?

Patrick Schleizer adrelanos at riseup.net
Sun Feb 8 00:36:04 CET 2015

Hi Hans-Christoph!

In reference to:
https://lists.mayfirst.org/pipermail/guardian-dev/2014-July/003647.html

I think "Acquire::socks::proxy" does not exist, even though often
referenced on search engines.

Checked apt-get's source code apt-1.1~exp8.

Positive:

grep -r -i Acquire::http *

Negative:

grep -r -i socks

Hard to prove a negative, but I don't think they could have implemented
socks support without using the string "socks" (and I am quite certain
they didn't obfuscate it ;). This also matches what they told me on IRC,
even though that's a while ago.

Happy to be proven wrong! Am I wrong? Is there socks proxy support in
apt-get?

By answering to this e-mail, your reply will be posted on the
whonix-devel public mailing list, so everyone from the Whonix project
can benefit.

Thanks for all your work!

Cheers,
Patrick