[Whonix-devel] Suggest Trustworthy Tor Hidden Services as Time Sources for sdwdate

Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS newblogpost at whonix.org
Fri Feb 6 20:26:52 CET 2015

TLDR:

What web servers do you consider trustworthy, to take great care of their visitors' privacy, that are stable and that get great amounts of traffic, and most important, are reachable over .onion as a Tor Hidden Service?

Ideally, we need to have around ~50 servers.

Post in the comments below or in the forums:

Long:

In Whonix 10, we want to avoid SSL by using Tor Hidden Services as a time source for sdwdate.

The purpose of this blog post is to ask Whonix users, to suggest suitable web servers.

What web servers do you consider trustworthy, to take great care of their visitors' privacy, that are stable and that get great amounts of traffic, and most important, are reachable over .onion as a Tor Hidden Service?

(The whole discussion about network time synchronization in anonymity centric distributions is off topic in this thread, but can be found here [link] and you could open separate threads to discuss other aspects.) (Déjà vu?)

Post in the comments below or in the forums:

This post has been automatically cross-posted by whonix.org/blog To see the original (including links), go to http://www.whonix.org/blog/sdwdate-onion-sources