[Whonix-devel] torsocks stream isolation support

Patrick Schleizer adrelanos at riseup.net
Mon Oct 27 15:46:52 CET 2014

Hi David,

In Whonix we make heavy use [1] of stream isolation.

Using a wrapper that dynamically creates torsocks 1.x config files to
force them all through different Tor SocksPorts. It's really not a
pretty solution.

I noticed, torsocks 2.x does not support being given a config file by
using a command line option?

If that were the case, then we'd be kinda hosed in Whonix. Without
--config-file /path/to/config as well as without --ip --port options,
there is no way we could pre-configure various applications going
through different Tor SocksPorts by default.

Could you add a --config-file or preferably add stream isolation support
to torsocks please?

Cheers,
Patrick

[1] https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Stream_Isolation